Mixet is a multichannel setlist player for bands or solo musicians wishing to preprogram their show with presets and tempos as well as supplementing the live performance with prerecorded backing tracks.
Many musicians, same as I do, play in a band where other members (bassists and drummers mostly) may miss rehearsals, or you may play a show in a small venue or an art opening where drums are impossible. Or maybe you are the drummer and need to practice at home like you’re with the band. Backing tracks are a great solution, but the standard player is not enough. We need to control the way the next song progresses. We may need a metronome, countdown, and pushing the tempo to all our plug-ins and other band members. We may need to send tracks to specific audio interface outputs to recreate the presence of the missing member. Sending a bass track to a bass amp makes a significant difference compared to mixed stereo on portals. And most importantly, when we are using digital plugins in other apps like AUM, we need a simple way to load presets for each song.
With Mixet it’s all possible with one gesture on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. No accounts, no uploads. It’s focused on simplicity and usability.
MAIN APP FEATURES
• Sets – songs – tracks. Organize your songs in sets, add tracks to songs, and send any track to any audio interface output or virtual bus.
• Buses and hardware audio outputs. Create buses to audio channels; change bus settings to apply them for all tracks assigned to that bus.
• Virtual MIDI messaging. Manage behaviour of MIDI controlled apps when you select or play song in Mixet. Load presets or adjust parameters.
• Metronome and countdown with audio sample rate accuracy
• Ableton Link integration to push the tempo to all your plug-ins and bandmates
• Visualizer reflecting song dynamics
• Open from Files, GarageBand, or other audio apps
• Click tracks for practicing
• Large play button; never miss it in the show rush
• One touch to change a song — unique picker navigation
• Control auto-rewind, auto-progress, count down, repeat, and more
• Control the options on the setlists or particular song levels
• Universal design optimized to all orientations and device sizes
• Remote control on Apple Watch and lock screen
• Widget to see the most important status on your Home Screen or Notification Center
• Prevent from sleeping options
• No accounts, no uploads – your tracks are yours.